"THERE DO EXIST ENQUIRING MINDS, which long for the truth of the heart, seek it, strive to solve the problems set by life, try to penetrate to the essence of things and phenomena and to penetrate into themselves. If a man reasons and thinks soundly, no matter which path he follows in solving these problems, he must inevitably arrive back at himself, and begin with the solution of the problem of what he is himself and what his place is in the world around him. For without this knowledge, he will have no focal point in his search. Socrates’ words, “Know thyself” remain for all those who seek true knowledge and being."

VIEWS FROM THE REAL WORLD, BY by G.I. Gurdjieff, p 43

24 March 2009

SILENCE II - NO EXPECTATIONS

Ordinarily, once having had 'success' with an inner task for exercising the attention and self remembering, one might consider the possibility of having the same results or effects again, but it is not to our advantage to think this and to attempt to work in this way. I am lost when I look for past results.

The question is: What is happening now, and now and now, in this moment and this moment and this moment...?

Here I am in myself in this room at this computer typing these particular words onto a screen. While I type, I do not lose track of my self - the body, mind, moving parts, and emotions. I am in touch with my organic being at the cellular level, breathing in and out as as the "head brain", works with the fingers. I am free, relaxed and open; experiencing all that I am in this moment - sort of like a mother walking through the park with a child. I am the mother and the child all at once, holding my own hand as we explore the world calmly, quietly aware of all the sunny places and the hidey-holes inside.

Peace to you, may you also meet yourself where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment