"THERE DO EXIST ENQUIRING MINDS, which long for the truth of the heart, seek it, strive to solve the problems set by life, try to penetrate to the essence of things and phenomena and to penetrate into themselves. If a man reasons and thinks soundly, no matter which path he follows in solving these problems, he must inevitably arrive back at himself, and begin with the solution of the problem of what he is himself and what his place is in the world around him. For without this knowledge, he will have no focal point in his search. Socrates’ words, “Know thyself” remain for all those who seek true knowledge and being."

VIEWS FROM THE REAL WORLD, BY by G.I. Gurdjieff, p 43

30 March 2012

Arguing

So...
what is this arguing all about?

What is all this ruching and bile and pushing and pulling ripping at your guts my friend?
From where does that angsty neeeeeeeeeed to explain and justify and clarify ad infinitum come?


Come back another time when you are your real self again.

3 comments:

  1. a good 60% of the time i write emails or post, before clicking "send" or, in this case, "publish" i ask myself the same question, What is so important about what i have to say? Why do i feel a need to address/shed light/solve, whatever it is i come across. silencing myself might not be evolutionary, but at least i'm trying to withhold some of that involutionary or at best lateral fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Arguing" was written for someone who imagined he could waste our time together 'arguing' *at* me in his sleep. In fact he was so asleep, I finally had to say: "Come back another time when you are your real self again. " and show him the door. ;-) I felt bad for him but it had to be done - really.

    It's always good to say what you have to say as long as you can actually hear yourself - as long as some part is witnessing the part that is peaking.

    We don't always know what it will benefit other people to hear.

    I remember at one stage during my days at the foundation in NY finally coming to the personal conclusion after being wrong so many times and being labeled a 'donkey' by some: "Oh well... if I can't be right or good in what I say... at least let others benefit from my being an ass here." I knew I certainly wasn't going to leave the school it to me all my life to find and stop trying to BE. I wanted that freedom more than anything on Earth and Heaven.

    ;-)*** ((((3hree)))) Thank you for sharing I hope we 'see' more of you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. corrections: "witnessing the part that is peaking.." = "witnessing the part that is speaking.." and "it to me all my life to find..." = it took me all my life to find

    Sorry

    ReplyDelete