"THERE DO EXIST ENQUIRING MINDS, which long for the truth of the heart, seek it, strive to solve the problems set by life, try to penetrate to the essence of things and phenomena and to penetrate into themselves. If a man reasons and thinks soundly, no matter which path he follows in solving these problems, he must inevitably arrive back at himself, and begin with the solution of the problem of what he is himself and what his place is in the world around him. For without this knowledge, he will have no focal point in his search. Socrates’ words, “Know thyself” remain for all those who seek true knowledge and being."

VIEWS FROM THE REAL WORLD, BY by G.I. Gurdjieff, p 43

25 January 2010

The "Five Rememberances" of Zen





"I am of the nature to grow old. I cannot escape growing old. 
I am of the nature to have ill-health. I cannot escape having ill-health. 
I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death. 
All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. 
There is no way to escape being separated from them. 
I inherit the results of my actions in body, speech and mind. 
My actions are the ground on which I stand."

~~~~~

Where do I take these words in to my self?
How do I take them in?
Are they thieves sent to rob me of happiness
Or little jewels
Sent to remind me
Of who I AM
and
What I Wish?


Be Blessed Today
BE Pleasant
Be Peace

Be Happy
BE

No comments:

Post a Comment