"THERE DO EXIST ENQUIRING MINDS, which long for the truth of the heart, seek it, strive to solve the problems set by life, try to penetrate to the essence of things and phenomena and to penetrate into themselves. If a man reasons and thinks soundly, no matter which path he follows in solving these problems, he must inevitably arrive back at himself, and begin with the solution of the problem of what he is himself and what his place is in the world around him. For without this knowledge, he will have no focal point in his search. Socrates’ words, “Know thyself” remain for all those who seek true knowledge and being."

VIEWS FROM THE REAL WORLD, BY by G.I. Gurdjieff, p 43

01 December 2012

ReinCARnation ... Da Do Ron Ron...


I used to have a little blue sports car that I cherished so much I kept dumping money into him year after year. I named him Bill because the first time I laid eyes on him I fell in love.

The lyrics:

"I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still
Da do ron-ron-ron, da do ron-ron
Somebody told me that his name was Bill
Da do ron-ron-ron, da do ron-ron

Yeah, my heart stood still
Yes, his name was Bill
And when he walked me home
Da do ron-ron-ron, da do ron-ron"

[ Lyrics "Da Do Ron Ron" by the Crystals]

I met my Bill a Sunday and I fell in love instantly.

Bill was my very own first car. After about 6 or 7 years we had to part company; I was moving across country and had to leave him behind.


Tasked to gift him to a charity, my big brother, Pat, took custody the day I moved. Unfortunately he couldn't find a charity that would take the poor little guy and had to do the unthinkable. When he finally told me he'd completed his task he sent me an email:

"He's been reincarnated." he wrote hoping to lighten my mood and give my sad loss meaning.


BE LOVE
Cherish One Another 
 BE CAREing


No comments:

Post a Comment