"THERE DO EXIST ENQUIRING MINDS, which long for the truth of the heart, seek it, strive to solve the problems set by life, try to penetrate to the essence of things and phenomena and to penetrate into themselves. If a man reasons and thinks soundly, no matter which path he follows in solving these problems, he must inevitably arrive back at himself, and begin with the solution of the problem of what he is himself and what his place is in the world around him. For without this knowledge, he will have no focal point in his search. Socrates’ words, “Know thyself” remain for all those who seek true knowledge and being."

VIEWS FROM THE REAL WORLD, BY by G.I. Gurdjieff, p 43

04 July 2014

GENES OF WAKEFULNESS



To actively participate in my life, I must be present – not just any which way, but present with all of my senses, fully aware of myself as a living breathing organism on the earth. Only when I AM engaged thus am I Living outside of dream and illusion.

True BEING does not happen in the brain, I AM when my entire organism is fully awakened and conscious.


“There is a quality of wakefulness that has no fixation, ...  It is egoless. We could call this quality the genes of wakefulness, or genes of emptiness. Wakefulness is not a game or a technique. It is clear and spacious, very basic and ordinary, with no self-consciousness.”

FROM: “Enlightened Genes” in The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma. Volume Two: The Bodhisattva Path of Wisdom and Compassion by Chögyam Trungpa



For those with no teaching and no daily practice it is impossible to live this way. The illusion is easier and is always preferred. 

TBC, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment